FAKS Investigative Services announced to the general public the Performance of Ministers, Deputy Ministers, and Regional Ministers for 2020.
The annual survey also included the performance of Members of Parliament and Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) in the country. Despite the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), the exercises was successfully.
The 2020 survey focuses on opinions from the public and as well as some assessment from the ministries, agencies and as well as the regions. The public, mainly our respondents, contributed largely to the outcome of this survey, especially the Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Regional Ministers.
The FAKS team is made up of researchers, media practitioners and academia that made the assessment based on the outcome of the findings they had.
The survey took place between the months of October and December, 2020 and it was the 9th Edition since FAKS started this project.
Respondents for the survey were, Journalists, students, petty traders, business traditional rulers, business owners, civil society organizations (CSOs), commercial drivers, traders in general, academia, and others.
About 74% of the respondents were between the ages of 18 and 55 while the remaining 26% were between the ages of 56 and 75.
Out of the 4,327 feedbacks received during the period, 2,223 of the respondents, representing 51.39% were females while the remaining 2,104 representing 48.61% were males. eanwhile, the ranking was between 60% and 100%.
FAKS Investigative Services is a Ghanaian research and investigative firm.
Some of the issues emanated from the respondents during the survey included the support of stimulus package from the government to businesses through NBSSI and Business Development Ministry; testimonies from drivers concerning measures put in place at the DVLA; measures put in place by the government through the Ministry of Health to control COVID-19 pandemic; the development in the Railway sector; Improvement in the public transport services; especially services of Metro Mass Transit and the services of Intercity STC.
Also includes infrastructure development in the Sports and Education sectors, especially about pitches and building expansions in Secondary schools; prompt response on SSNIT benefits and update on SSNIT contributions to beneficiaries; Road infrastructure; and many more.
SEE THE DETAILS BELOW
BEST 10 MINISTERS, 2020
1st – Kwaku Ofori Asiamah–Transport Minister
1st – Dr. Kwaku Agyeman Manu– Health Minister
2nd – Joe Ghartey– Railways Development Minister
2nd – Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal – Business Development Minister
3rd – Kwesi Amoako Atta – Roads and Highways Minister
3rd – Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Education Minister
4th – Alan Kyeremanteng – Trade Minister
4th – Ursula Owusu Ekuful– Communication
5th – Ken Ofori-Atta– Finance Minister
5th – Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto– Agric Minister
6th – Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey – Foreign Affairs Minister
7th – Hajia Alima Mahama- Local Government Minister
8th – Ambrose Dery- Interior Minister
9th – Isaac Kwame Asiamah– Youth and Sports Minister
10th – Dr. Mustapha Abdul – Hamid– Inner City and Zongo Dev. Minister
BEST 10 DEPUTY MINISTERS, 2020
1st – Godfred Yeboah Dame–Attorney General
1st – Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum – Education
2nd – Dr. Bernard Oko-Boye– Health
2nd – Henry Quartey– Interior
3rd- Tina Gifty Naa Ayele Mensah– Health
3rd- Andy Appiah- Kubi– Railway Development
4th – Pius Enam Hadzide– Information
4th- Nii Kwartei Titus Glover – Transport
5th – Robert Ahomka- Lindsey- Trade
6th – Joseph Dindiok Kpemka- Attorney General
7th- Barbara Oteng Gyasi- Lands and Natural Resources
8th – Patrick Boamah– Sanitation and Water Resources
9th –Dr. Mohammed Amin Adam– Energy and Petroleum
10th – Osei Bonsu Amoah– Local Government
BEST 5 REGIONAL MINISTERS, 2020
1st – Simon Osei-Mensah – Ashanti Regional Minister
1st – Kwamena Duncan – Central Regional Minister
2nd – Kwabena Okyere Darko- Mensah—Western Regional Minister
2nd — Salifu Saeed – Northern Regional Minister
3rd – Ishmael Ashitey– Greater Accra Regional Minister
4th – Evelyn Ama Kumi- Richardson – Bono Regional Minister
5th – Archibald Yao Letsa – Volta Regional Minister
6th – Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu – Western North Regional Minister
7th – Kofi Amoakohene – Bono East Regional Minister
8th – Evans Opoku Bobie—Ahafo Regional Minister
9th – Kwasi Owusu Yeboah—Oti Regional Minister
10th – Eric Kwakye Darfour – Eastern Regional Minister
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT (MPs)
Overall Best MP- 2020
Kwame Governs Agbodza, MP for Adaklu Constituency
Best Majority MP- 2020
Frank Annoh- Dompreh, MP for Nsawam Adoagyiri Constituency
Best Minority MP – 2020
Bernard Ahiafor, MP for Akatsi South Constituency
Best Female MP- 2020
Abena Osei Asare, MP for Atiwa East Constituency
BEST 10 CEOs OF SOEs, 2020
1st – Maxwell Kofi Jumah – CEO of GIHOC Distilleries
1st – Dr. Ofori Tenkorang – Director General of SSNIT
2nd – Kwame Agyeman- Budu– MD, Electricity Company of Ghana
2nd – Kwasi Agyeman Busia – CEO- DVLA
3rd – Dr. Benjamin K. D. Asante – CEO of Ghana Gas
3rd- Michael Okyere Baafi – CEO of Ghana Free Zone
4th – Madam Kosi Antwiwaa Yankey- Executive Director of NBSSI
5th- Joseph Boahen Aidoo– CEO of COCOBOD
6th – Nana Akomeah – CEO of State Transport Company
7th – Madam Delese Mimi Darko, CEO of Food and Drugs Authority
8th – Justin Kodua Frimpong– CEO, Youth Employment Authority
9th- Richard Boadu, Administrator of GETFUND
10th – David Asante – MD of Ghana Publishing Company